Time to make those resolutions…..
Well this is the last day of the year 2007. A great time for a little reflection on what went right and what went wrong. Even better what we might do different next year.
If you need help here are some ideas for 2008.
1. Eat right. Try to NOT eat fast food. Resolve to never eat in your car. Cut your red meat portions in half, if not for your health, then to help reduce global warming!
2. Be extraordinarily nice to a kid. If you have some, then resolve to give the ones you have more attention and to not have any more. If you don’t have one and want one, wait just one more year, you made it this far. If you don’t have any, then try to help those in school by supporting school vouchers for poor kids. If all else fails go to a strip club and only buy dances from single mothers.
3. Be extraordinarily nice to a military serviceperson. If you don’t know one, ask around make an effort, try to hear first hand about their life. They put their life out there for you, return a little of the favor.
4. Read at least one non fiction book this year. If you need ideas I will post many in "books" on this site in January. When in doubt find an OLD history book, that is one written before 1980 when history got rewritten by politicians.
5. Be extraordinarily nice to a Police Officer. they have a tough job and are always under scrutiny. Besides, my nephew just became one! Who hasn’t watched those great videos?
6. Make an effort to learn about individual political candidates this election cycle and NOT vote along party lines. If you get confused and can’t decide who to vote for, I suggest you pick the one most likely to leave you alone and let you keep as much of your money as possible.
7. Try to do business with companies who do not make you press a number for English.
8. Stop worrying about the drop in the value of your house. Everybody else’s is dropping as well, and will continue to do so.
9. When you watch TV and happen to be on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CNBC and recognize someone is trying to manipulate you, say outloud "they are lying". Particularly effective in airport bars that have these stations displayed. At home watch more animal shows, instead of "reality" shows. Look for parallels in your life. Politicians are carnivores, you are a herbivore.
10. Improve your sex life. It is good for your health.